A Dream Come True
An Event you won't want to miss. 20 TOP Chef's from around the World come together for a cause!
As you already know I am feeding 300 underprivileged children 7 nights a week. I am so happy and grateful that you all have helped me continue to do that.
However at 5 pm, when it is time to send the kids back to motel, I have a broken heart.
Most of these kids are going back to a motel environment that is far from safe. Not only are there drug addicts, prostitutes, and alcoholics but there are also sexual predators that live in these motels amongst our children.
I have new project in 2012. I would like to move families who qualify out of that environment, and help them start a new path for their future.
I work with another great organization, The Illumination Foundation. They are helping me find families all around Orange County to help move from local motels into a more stable environment.
So far we have families from Anaheim, Placentia, Buena Park, Newport Beach, Los Alamitos, San Juan Capistrano, Tustin, Costa Mesa and Santa Ana that lived in motels and had the chance to move out into a 2/3 bedroom apartment.
A lot of these families could move out if we help them pay first and last months rent. It is almost impossible for them to save.
This program is very successful, in the fact that after we move them into an apartment we follow up with them for over 1 year to make sure they are stable.
Now this is how you can help me. Myself and food critic Sophie Gayot, of GAYOT.com, are joining forces for the next event in the eighth GAYOT Dinner Series on April 26th to benefit Caterina’s Club.
We will be featuring the top 20 chefs from around the World! All of the chefs are getting together to help to raise money to continue moving more families out of the motel and into Apartments.
I am asking that you spread the word and try to help me by getting a table for the event or even help selling tickets. I have attached a copy of our Sponsorship form; please feel free to forward this along to all of your colleagues, family and friends.
Together we can change the life of a child who doesn’t deserve to grow up in a motel. “It’s time to stop talking about it, and to start doing something about it!”
I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.
For Event Details and to buy your tickets today please click on the link below
Chefs in Attendance are:
1) Bruno Serato- Owner of The Anaheim White House Restaurant.
2) Sophie Gayot- Sophie is in charge of the public relations aspects of the site GAYOT.com.
3) CJ Luis- 12 year old chef guest celebrity chef
4) Christophe Happillon- Owner of The Oyster Gourmet
5) Pascal Olhats Chef/Owner of Pascal Restaurant
6) Laurent Brazier- Executive Chef Instructor for Laguna Culinary.
7) Maurice Brazier- Executive Chef of White House Catering
8) Eddie Meza- Executive Chef of The Anaheim White House
9) Louis Laulhere- Former Owner of La Vie en Rose in Brea
10) Octavio Montoya – Executive Chef of the Laguna Culinary Arts Café.
11) Pierre Sauvaget- Former executive chef of Bel-Air Bay Club
12) Jean Pierre Dubray- Is the Executive Chef of Pelican Hill.
13) Michel Blanchet- Owner of the Small Smoked Seafood Company.
14) Jeff Mahin – Chef Partner of Stella Rossa Pizza Bar in Santa Monica.
15) Anahita Naderi – Chef/Owner of Hidden Dinner which is a roaming chefs table.
16) Susan Irby – The “Bikini” Chef is Radio Host on 790 KABC in Los Angeles.
17) Edmond Sarfati – Formerly of Lafayette Restaurant Sarfati.
18) Jamie Gwen – Is an author and host of a Talk Radio show on KFWB 980 "The Chef Jamie® Radio Show."
19) Wendie Huffman – Chef at Ten Asian Bistro.
20) Yvan Valentin- Owner of Sweet Temptations.
21) Ryan Carson- Owner of ‘Pri-vē a ‘touring’ restaurant.
22) Barbara Venezia- Host on the comedy cooking show At Home the Range with co Star John Crean.
23) Antonio Cagnolo– Is the owner of award winning Antonello Ristorante.
24) Francis Perrot– Chef at Fairbanks Ranch Country Club.